Lake Magdalene Elementary School Manatees are invited to Read Like A Superhero for this year’s 2022 Read-A-Thon Event!
Our Read-A-Thon encourages the love of reading, community involvement, and earning money for your child’s classroom and school! 100% of the money earned will benefit our LME MANATEES. 50% goes to your child’s classroom and 50% goes to the school!
Recognition and Awards
Awards are as follows:
- Classrooms with 100% Reading Participation will receive a minimum of $100 and will earn 50% of total money collected for their class.
- Top Student Reader by Grade Level
- Top Student Reader overall
- Top Student Fundraiser by Grade Level
- Top Student Fundraiser overall
- Top Homeroom Class Readers
- Top Homeroom Class Fundraiser
- Top Teacher Reader
- Popcorn party in a box to the classrooms with 100% participation in Read-A-Thon
- Pizza and popcorn party for the classroom in each grade that has 100% participation and the most pages read for Read-A-Thon
Prizes may include trophies, gift cards, and books! In addition, we have BONUS prizes for minimum fundraising of $10 and up. See enclosed flyer for more details. All prizes & awards will be given on November 5th.
Directions for students: Students should challenge themselves to read as many pages as possible.
Students have two weeks to read, starting on Wednesday, Oct. 5, ending on Wednesday, Oct. 19.
Students will record book title and pages read on the enclosed Read-A-Thon Tracking Sheet.
Students may ask friends, family, and neighbors (with Parental help) to sponsor them with a one-time donation or an amount per page read. Record the sponsor’s name and other information on the enclosed Read-A-Thon Donation Sheet. Next, read, read, and read some more!
Donations can be made by check, cash, or online. To set up an account for your student online, text “lmesuperhero” to 919-626-3277. You will receive a text with a link to create a personalized fundraising page.
**Late envelopes, tracking sheets, and money will be accepted, however, students will not be eligible for prizes.